Why You Should Visit a Cosmetologist
We all enjoy an at-home pamper session to help us feel our best, but there is only so much that store-bought creams and cosmetics can do. That’s where cosmetology comes in! Cosmetology experts are trained in the latest treatments and can give you personalized advice on products and techniques so that you can look your beautiful best. They have access to products you won’t find in the drugstore and can carry out treatments that are only safely performed by a professional in the beauty salon. On top of this, visiting the salon is a relaxing and downright fun experience—all you need to do is sit back and unwind while the staff works their magic on lackluster complexions or falling-flat lashes.
The most important cosmetology treatments for different age groups
Many things affect our complexion; the change of season, hormones, stress, and, of course, aging. Our skin changes over time, and that means we need different things from our beauty regimes. The right cosmetology treatment for you will depend on your skin type and your age.
Cosmetology treatments for younger age groups:
- Eyelash extensions — Who doesn’t want luscious looking lashes? Fluttery extensions are the perfect way to create those Bambie eyes everyone is after. Extensions applied in the beauty salon are miles away from haphazardly sticking on strip lashes at home; instead, a trained technician will fix on individual synthetic lashes for natural-looking, wispy lashes.
- Dermaplaning — This face shaving technique not only removes annoying peach fuzz but also takes off the top layer of cells to remove a brighter, more even-toned and smooth base, perfect for foundation and concealer application.
- Microneedling — Microneedling devices may look frightening, but they are great at inducing collagen, which in turn can help to fade acne scarring and fine lines. The microneedles create tiny wounds in the skin, which encourages new skin growth and better absorption of topical products. There are different needle lengths and widths to deal with different issues.
Cosmetology procedures for more mature age groups:
- Microdermabrasion — This professional method of exfoliation uses very fine crystals to sand the face, removing dead skin cells and revealing a fresh, beautiful visage underneath. It can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and gives more clarity to skin texture and pores.
- Chemical Peels —These acid peels can have a dramatic effect on dull, dry and aging skin. A solution of acids (including the renowned glycolic) is applied to the face, which causes the top layer of dead cells to literally peel away, revealing clearer, brighter, and more youthful skin.
- Radiofrequency facial — This is a cutting edge cosmetology treatment that can tighten and lift sagging, loose skin like nothing else! Radiofrequency devices use heat to promote collagen fiber production, which in turn refines the contours of your face and softens lines and wrinkles.
Sherry Lash Studio — The best choice for your cosmetology needs
Here at Sherry Lash Studio salons, we love beauty in all of its forms. We have years of experience in the beauty biz, and our mission in life is for you to walk away feeling confident and gorgeous. Come to any of our salons in Miami, Hollywood or Davie, and we’ll treat you to an experience you won’t forget in a friendly, relaxing environment. We offer a whole range of services (including our famous eyelash extensions) at competitive prices to meet the needs of customers of all ages.
Treat yourself and contact us now to discuss your cosmetology needs or to book an appointment with one of our beautifying staff!